- Project Title:
- Building a “Plastic Action Network” and Linkages with Government, local businesses, Youth and Women to Reduce-Reuse-Recycle (3Rs) Plastic Waste in Vietnam (PAN project)
- Ha Long city, Quang Ninh province, Vietnam
- 3 years (August 2018 – May 2021)
- Coca-Cola Foundation
Four expected results include:
1. Established, effective and sustainable Plastic Action Network, linking local and national actors, Established, effective and sustainable Plastic Action Network, linking local and national actors, alliances, and networks in plastic waste and environment sanitation through a shared vision and science-based strategic plan.
2. Safe and efficient plastic separation, reuse and recycling, piloted by empowered waste workers, especially disadvantaged women.
3. Implementation of innovative technical and business solutions for sorting, re-using and recycling plastic by local communities and businesses.
4. Increased public guidance and advocacy leading to improved plastic 3Rs behavior, customized policy and guidelines, jointly with the Ha Long – Cat Ba Alliance
Corresponding to four expected results are four Component:
Component 1. Model participatory leadership in land and marine plastic 3R
Component 2. Community recycling, economic empowerment, entrepreneurship
Component 3. Technology-based solutions adapted to local community scales and actionable knowledge
Component 4. Social Media and Traditional Communications Campaign: Awareness Raising and Behavior Change
28 December, 2022
50km southeast of Hồ Chí Minh City, Cần Giờ is home to the Cần Giờ Mangrove World Biosphere Reserve – Vietnam’s first World Heritage Site, recognized […]
16 November, 2020
Explore the space for sustainable consumption at the Autumn Market: Connecting Indigenous Products 2020.
FREE ENTRY Time: 9am – 9pm Saturday, 28/11/2020 & 9am – 2pm on Sunday, 29/11/2020Location: Pho Truc Commercial Area, Ecopark Urban Area Autumn Market: Connecting Indigenous […]
22 March, 2020
After immersing myself in the eco-friendly products of the Ha Long Women’s Union, I wonder where did these all begin? Who made the ideas impossible? What […]
23 February, 2020
”The revolution” of reuse I myself conduct a spirit of protecting the environment regularly and soon recognized that there are various tips provided without practicability. Therefore, […]
11 November, 2019
Since its foundation, Indochina Cruise, a cruise ship service provider in Ha Long Bay, has identified and developed a sustainable business associated with environmental protection and […]
25 October, 2019
About Plastic Action Network (PAN network) The PAN network was officially established on 1st March, 2019 under PAN project (funded by Coca – Cola Foundation) with […]
23 September, 2019
Environmental protection is the responsibility of everyone. To raise awareness of how the public can get involved, focusing specifically on youth engagement, GreenHub is running a […]
18 September, 2019
The Plastic Action Network celebrates one year of impact.